The main goals of my research are to:
-- Engineer, design and analyse new / to-be-developed Internet of Things (IoT) systems to cope with, e.g, emergent formation, self-adaptation, dynamic user needs, interoperability, and evolution.
My interests include investigations about architectures, approaches, and support methods for such (intelligent) IoT systems. Some of my contributions include model-driven engineering as facilitator for the IoT, and software architectures for and self-adaptive IoT systems. I investigate what we call Emergent Configurations (ECs) in the IoT in collaboration with a number of companies (ECOS project).
-- Automatically and dynamically enable software interoperability and self-adaptation among existing, heterogeneous, and evolving software systems in Ubiquitous Computing, (Web) Services, and Large Scale Systems.
My investigations, since my PhD studies, included a theory to achieve software interoperability through the automated synthesis of (self-adaptive) connectors / mediators in Ubiquitous Computing and (Web) Services. Some of my contributions are: a formally grounded approach facing both functional and non-functional concerns, self-adaptive systems to realize it, as well as contributions from an architectural perspective and patterns of mismatches. My recent investigations and contributions are about an interoperability model and evaluation framework for interoperability concerns in large evolving systems in collaboration with a number of large companies (Interoperabiity project).
Currently, I lead the ECOS research project within which I also carry out this research. Until summer 2018, I led the Interoperability research project, now concluded. Both projects are in collaboration with companies, the first is within the Internet of Things and People (IoTaP) Research Center and the other within the Software Center.
I am main organizer of the workshop IoT-ASAP International Workshop on Engineering IoT Systems: Architectures, Services, Applications, and Platforms- co-located so far with: ICSA 2019, ICSA 2018, and ICSA 2017.
Some of my services to the scientific community, awards, and appointments include (sensitive details are omitted here):
- - Expert evaluator (i.e., project reviewer)
- - Panel member (in physical meetings)
- - Panel chair
- - Chairperson of the overall evaluation committee (all 15 panels’ chairs)
- - ECSA 2020, 2019
- - ECSA 2020 Workshop Proposal, 2019 Workshop Proposal
- - SEAMS 2020, 2019
- - SEAMS 2020 Artifact Track, 2019 Artifact Track
- - SEAA 2019 Embedded Systems & Internet of Things Track
- - ICSA 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017
- - ICSE 2018 Posters Track
- - ICSE 2018 Demonstration Track
- - SEAA 2018 Embedded Systems & Internet of Things Track
- - WICSA and CompArch 2016 (now ICSA)
- - 42th SOFSEM in 2016
- - SAC track SA-TTA in 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013
- - MDE4IoT 2020, 2019, 2018 @ MODELS
- - eCAS 2019, 2018 @ SASO
- - ICAS, FAS* 2019
- - SSIoT @ IEEE EuroS&P 2019
- - ES-IoT @ SEAA 2019
- - CASA @ ECSA 2018, CASA @ ECSA 2017
- - AKSAS 2018 @ ECSA 2018
- - FAACS 2018 @ ECSA 2018, FAACS 2017 @ SEFM 2017
- - enWoT 2017 @ ICWE 2017
- - womENcourage 2017, 2016, 2015
- - TSE
- - TSC
- - SoSym
- - TAAS
- - IST
- - JSS
- - IEEE Software
- - JISA
- - Computing
- - IET Software